Safety & Compliance
Experience Counts. Here at Great Lakes Petroleum, we are committed to being proactive, ensuring safe and environmentally friendly fuel delivery and storage. Our experienced full time, in-house compliance and safety team takes pride in practicing preventative measures providing comprehensive compliance for your projects.
- We ensure your tank is fitted with proper equipment meeting your specific regulatory requirements
- Great Lakes takes pride in maintaining and testing our equipment
- Great Lakes takes proactive measures to ensure our customers and employees are
protected and OSHA compliant.
- We follow Best Management Practices to reduce risk of spills and accidents to protect
- Great Lakes takes pride in preserving the Federal Moter Carrier Safety Administration's top
safety performance level.
- Safety first is a priority with all our drivers. Our drivers participate in comprensive, ongoing
driver safety and transportation training.
Fire Safety and Hazardous Materials Compliance
- Our experienced in-house specialists understand fire safety codes
- We help ensure your project meets fire safety requirements by working with local and
- Great Lakes helps to ensure your projects meet local, state and federal laws regulating fuel storage
- We coordinate securing required permits and registrations for your project
- Great Lakes can develop Spill Prevention Plans (SPCC) for your site or project
- We can also provide site planning to determine best placement for your fuel storage tank
Great Lakes Petroleum is proactive in spill prevention with a zero spill tolerance policy. However,
in the event there is a spill, we are prepared.
We partner with companies that specialize in safe spill containment and clean-up: